Tuesday 20 November 2012

The Next Big Thing


Many thanks to Wendy Steele, author of Destiny Of Angels who asked me to be involved in The Next Big Thing.  You can visit Wendy at www.wendysteele.com


Now here's my bit...

What is the working title of your book?

Imbrued. It's the follow up to my first book, Sanguinary.


Where did the idea come from for the book?

The idea came a long time ago.  I saw a documentary about people who claimed to drink blood.  The story developed from there.


What genre does your book fall under?

I find is so hard to slot my book into a genre.  Even although it involves vampires, they are not the usual un-dead type of vampires so it doesn't fall in with fantasy/paranormal.  There's a bit of a crime and romance element as-well.


How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Not as long as it  took me to get around to actually doing something with it.  It sat there, almost ready for a long time, waiting for me to have the confidence to share it with the world.


What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I can't say I can think of any that are the similar.


Who or What inspired you to write this book?

Well, I've always had a thing about vampires.  Or wait, is that my character's line?


What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?

Sex, blood and rock 'n' roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment